PhD, MPhil, BSc, MIET, MBCS, MInstKT
Chartered Engineer, Chartered Information Technology Practitioner
Executive Chair: KES International
Director: Institute of Knowledge Transfer
Visiting Professor, Enterprise: Bournemouth University
- Bob Howlett is the Executive Chair of KES International a non-profit organisation which facilitates knowledge transfer and the dissemination of research results in areas including Intelligent Systems, Sustainability, and Knowledge Transfer.
- He is a Director of the Institute of Knowledge Transfer which works to enhance the development of the knowledge professional in areas of innovation, knowledge transfer and enterprise.
- He works with Bournemouth University School of Design, Engineering and Computing where he is a Visiting Professor in Enterprise.
- Bob's technical expertise is in the use of Intelligent Systems in the solution of industrial problems. He has been successful in applying neural networks, expert & fuzzy methods, and related technology to sustainability and renewable energy systems; condition monitoring, diagnostic tools and systems; automotive electronics and engine management systems.
- By setting up and managing over 20 collaborative projects with SMEs and other companies, managing the University of Brighton Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP) Centre for a number of years, and Chairmanship of the KTP National Forum, and involvement with the IKT he has made a national contribution in the fields of knowledge and technology transfer, the commercialisation of research, and the third-mission agenda.
PO Box 2115, Shoreham-by-Sea,
BN43 9AF, U.K.
Tel: +44 (0)2081 330316
Mob: +44 (0)7905 987544
Knowledge Transfer between UK Universities and Business
Appeared in Innovation through Knowledge Transfer:
Proc. of First Int. Conf. Springer-Verlag, 2010.
pre-print copy available here